Opto 22 is a successful, established, and growing industrial control and automation company that provides excellent benefits and learning opportunities for employees. Questions regarding employment should be directed to:
Attn: Human Resources
43044 Business Park Drive
Temecula, CA 92590-3614
FAX: (951) 695-3095
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Opto 22 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
Senior Technical Writer
Here’s Why You Want This Job!
Your super-clear writing skills will make it easier for engineers, technicians, and system integrators worldwide to monitor and control their automation systems.
You’ll get to work with enthusiastic, friendly, bright people who care about what they do and work together to get things done.
You’ll play with new hardware and software products that are cutting-edge in the industrial automation field.
You’ll be a key part of a very small documentation department that sits in Engineering and reports to an unusually technical VP of Marketing.
You’ll maintain existing docs and write a wide variety of new ones: traditional product data sheets and user’s guides, software help files, website content, knowledge base articles, even marketing materials.
You’ll be responsible for your own projects from conception through publication and work on several projects at once.
Your ideas about the future of documentation will help shape the future of the company: topic-based html docs, docs on mobile, and who knows what else. You’ll help explore and choose new tools and methods for document types and delivery.
You’ll receive excellent benefits, including medical/dental, paid PTO (personal time off), and profit sharing.
You can live in a family-friendly small city in Southern California with affordable housing and excellent schools. Or maybe you already live here and now you won’t have to commute!
Required skills and experience:
- Ability to explain concepts clearly and concisely and to write clear procedures in correct English
- Ability to learn new technical subjects quickly and an interest in learning new things. No fear of hardware; hardware experience very desirable.
- Ability to start and complete projects with little or no supervision
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously. Ability to change priorities quickly and without rancor.
- Good eye for layout
- Attention to detail
- Four-year college degree (Bachelor's or better)
- Minimum six years of technical writing experience
- Solid knowledge of FrameMaker (unstructured)
- Graphics programs such as Photoshop, Snagit, Visio
Please note: This is an onsite position in Temecula, California. Telecommuting is not an option.
This senior-level position requires a minimum of six years' technical writing experience and skill using Adobe Framemaker.
Opto 22 is seeking talented applicants for a Software Developer position based in our Temecula, CA corporate office. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining various Opto 22 industrial control and automation software products as part of our Engineering team.
This position provides the opportunity to work directly on our commercial products and make significant contributions to our software development efforts. We have a small team of developers who work on a variety of products in a mostly self-directed manner. Opto 22 is looking for fast learners who want personal responsibility and authority over their work.
Requirements and preferences:
- B.S. degree in computer science or related field is required (relevant experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered).
- Programming experience in C++ is required.
- Broad knowledge of software development issues is required.
- Experience developing for commercial software products is preferred.
- Experience with multi-threading and synchronization is preferred.
- Windows programming experience is a plus (MFC, ATL, COM, etc.).
- Experience with communications programming is preferred (sockets, serial, etc.).
Corporate Sales Engineer
Opto 22 is seeking aggressive, talented applicants for a Sales Engineer position based in our Temecula, CA corporate office.
This key position will be responsible for establishing, developing, and managing Opto 22 industrial control and automation business and for participating in an
exciting and successful corporate sales team.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for a qualified individual to make an immediate impact. Driving sales,
meeting aggressive goals, working with and motivating resellers while interfacing with decision-makers will challenge your
expertise and reward your efforts.
- Bachelor's degree (technical preferred)
- Industrial automation experience
- Experience working with reps, distributors, and OEMs
- Proven history of identifying and developing new business opportunities that translate to significant sales growth
- Key account success