Opto 22 is a successful, established, and growing industrial control and automation company that provides excellent benefits and learning opportunities for employees. Questions regarding employment should be directed to:
Attn: Human Resources
43044 Business Park Drive
Temecula, CA 92590-3614
FAX: (951) 695-3095
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Opto 22 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer
As a senior embedded Linux software engineer at Opto 22, you can create the next generation of rugged, reliable, and secure industrial control, IoT, and open computing platform products that will automate global industry.
- Create and maintain embedded Linux distributions and land them on custom hardware
- Create power-loss tolerance, fail-safe and secure field update mechanisms, real-time performance, secure boot, connectivity and other solutions for appliance and open platform products
- Develop port and debug Linux device drivers, kernels and bootloaders
- Own projects from block-diagram concepts through the entire product life cycle
- Collaborate with hardware engineers on selection and high-level hardware architecture for new products
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers to build products that can be manufactured reliably at scale
- Collaborate with QA and dev ops engineers to enhance systems for software build, test and deployment
- Collaborate with support engineers to troubleshoot and diagnose and resolve problems reported by our customers.
- Provide technical direction and leadership in a non-supervisory capacity for complex engineering projects
- Provide a high level of mentoring to other embedded software engineers
You are the ideal candidate if you:
- Live and breathe embedded Linux
- Have strong systems and networking knowledge (systems architecture, memory hierarchy, storage subsystems, LANs, routing)
- Have a track record of leveraging open source solutions to achieve commercial business success
- Have expert knowledge of embedded Linux configuration, development, board support packages, bootloaders, kernel, drivers and application development in C/C++
- Have experience developing with gcc/GNU tool chains
- Have experience creating custom embedded Linux distributions using tools like Yocto
- Have expert knowledge of compilers, linkers, debuggers, version control systems (git/svn)
- Have experience packaging software for distribution and deployment (dpkg, apt-get repositories)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 7 years experience developing embedded software
- At least 3 years experience building custom embedded Linux distributions including experience writing and debugging kernel drivers, and working with or building board support packages
Opto 22 is seeking talented applicants for a Software Developer position based in our Temecula, CA corporate office. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining various Opto 22 industrial control and automation software products as part of our Engineering team.
This position provides the opportunity to work directly on our commercial products and make significant contributions to our software development efforts. We have a small team of developers who work on a variety of products in a mostly self-directed manner. Opto 22 is looking for fast learners who want personal responsibility and authority over their work.
Requirements and preferences:
- B.S. degree in computer science or related field is required (relevant experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered).
- Programming experience in C++ is required.
- Broad knowledge of software development issues is required.
- Experience developing for commercial software products is preferred.
- Experience with multi-threading and synchronization is preferred.
- Windows programming experience is a plus (MFC, ATL, COM, etc.).
- Experience with communications programming is preferred (sockets, serial, etc.).
Corporate Sales Engineer
Opto 22 is seeking aggressive, talented applicants for a Sales Engineer position based in our Temecula, CA corporate office.
This key position will be responsible for establishing, developing, and managing Opto 22 industrial control and automation business and for participating in an
exciting and successful corporate sales team.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for a qualified individual to make an immediate impact. Driving sales,
meeting aggressive goals, working with and motivating resellers while interfacing with decision-makers will challenge your
expertise and reward your efforts.
- Bachelor's degree (technical preferred)
- Industrial automation experience
- Experience working with reps, distributors, and OEMs
- Proven history of identifying and developing new business opportunities that translate to significant sales growth
- Key account success