This is a 100% managed OptoMMP software development kit (SDK) that provides a simple, easy-to-use interface for a .NET developer to quickly create an I/O-based application for Opto 22 products that use the OptoMMP protocol. All SNAP PAC brains and SNAP PAC controllers use the OptoMMP protocol, including these part numbers:
- SNAP-PAC-S1, SNAP-PAC-S1-FM, SNAP-PAC-S1-W
- SNAP-PAC-S2, SNAP-PAC-S2-W
- SNAP-PAC-R1, SNAP-PAC-R1-FM, SNAP-PAC-R1-W
- SNAP-PAC-R2, SNAP-PAC-R2-FM, SNAP-PAC-R2-W
- SNAP-PAC-EB1, SNAP-PAC-EB1-FM, SNAP-PAC-EB1-W
- SNAP-PAC-EB2, SNAP-PAC-EB2-FM, SNAP-PAC-EB2-W
- SNAP-PAC-SB1, SNAP-PAC-SB2
PLEASE NOTE: For controllers, you can use this SDK to access data that's in the memory map areas of the controller only. This SDK does not provide access to PAC Control strategy tags.
You can find the complete memory map in the Appendix of the OptoMMP Protocol Guide, form 1465.
This SDK supports Microsoft's .NET frameworks 3.5 through 4.5, Visual Studio 2005-2013, and Mono 3.0 for Linux. See "Compatibility" above for supported Windows platforms.
If you are a C++ programmer, see PAC-DEV-OPTOMMP-CPLUS instead.
The older R1.0 SDK (part number PAC-DEV-OPTOMMP) is included in this download as a legacy component.