The controller time on FactoryFloor and Cyrano controllers is incorrect if power is turned on between 8:00:00 p.m. (20:00:00) and 11:59:59 p.m. (22:59:59). The time is 20 hours less than the actual time. For example, if the controller is powered down at 3:00 a.m. and is powered up at 9:00 p.m. (21:00), the controller time will be 1:00 a.m.
A controller also exhibits the problem if it goes into loader mode (like when downloading a kernel) during the affected timeframe.
How to tell if your controller has the problem:
- Set the PC time to any time between 20:00:00 and 23:59:00 (so that you have enough time to run the experiment before the clock rolls over to 00:00:00).
- Start OptoTerm.
- Synchronize the PC time to the controller by inspecting the controller and clicking Sync to PC.
- Verify the controller time is correct.
- Turn off power to the controller and then turn it back on.
- Inspect the controller with OptoTerm. Your controller has the problem if the time is 20 hours less than expected.
If the problem occurs as a result of the controller being in loader mode, put the controller in kernel mode, then set the correct time by inspecting it with OptoTerminal (View→Status), and clicking the Sync time to PC option.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue. If you would like to have the loader updated on your controller, contact Opto 22 to set up an RMA to send in your controller. The workaround mentioned above is the recommended procedure should the problem occur as a result of going into loader mode.