When French communications/media/entertainment giant Thomson SA purchased RCA from American conglomerate General Electric, Thomson needed a way to track and identify energy use in several buildings spread out over 80 acres in Indianapolis, Indiana.
To get this data, Thomson turned to Holmes Energy and Opto 22.
Bill Holmes of Holmes Energy installed Opto 22 controllers and I/O to monitor gas and electric meters, chillers, cooling towers, boilers, water heating equipment, and the facility's compressed air system.
Holmes' AutoPilot System provided Thomson managers with HMI screens that included charts and graphs showing consumption and power demand in 15-minute intervals, along with monthly and annual totals.
Thomson found the data to be exactly what they needed for accurately allocating and significantly reducing their utility costs.
Read the Thomson-RCA case study.
In this archived energy webinar
, Opto 22's Arun Sinha introduces the OptoEMU Sensor and shows how you can:
- Connect to building meters, electrical panels, or directly to large energy consuming equipment
- View energy data in web-hosted software
- Eliminate usage assumptions and identify trouble spots
- Identify opportunities for immediate savings
View archived webinar
Duration: 45 minutes plus Q&A
See the OptoEMU Sensor
Here's a great opportunity to start 2011 out right, with hands-on SNAP PAC System training.
Opto 22 Distributor and Certified Trainer Martindale Associates will teach you about PAC Project software, SNAP PAC controllers, and SNAP I/O in this intensive three-day class.
SNAP PAC System Training Class
When: January 18-20, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Where: 65 Avco Road, Unit M, Haverhill, MA 01835
Price: $600 per person. Lunch is included all three days.
Space is limited to six people.
For information or to register, call or email Martindale Associates:
Phone: 978-372-2120 ext. 114
Toll-Free (in the U.S.): 1-800-447-1191
Today our productivity tip shows you new links that make it easy to:
- Find information on products you're interested in
- Get data sheets or other documents you refer to frequently
- Register software
- Sign up for training classes
- And more
On any page on the Opto 22 website (except the homepage), take a look at the navigation bar on the right side (see image). Let's look at this bar, starting from the bottom.
For fast access to products, documents, and downloads you've looked at recently, click Recently Viewed. Note that this works while you're on the same computer or anytime you're logged into your My.Opto22 account.
Most Popular lists products, docs, and downloads a lot of Opto customers (not just you) look at.
Click Contact Opto 22 to see our phone numbers, email, and hours.
Moving up the nav bar, there's your Cart. Whether or not you buy products online, you can save them in your cart and just click to see their details again.
My OptoProducts is worth a closer look. From here you can click the tabs to see a lot of things (you'll need to log into your My.Opto22 account to see them):
- Your favorite Products, Documents & KBs, and Downloads
- Your Cart
- BOMs (bills of material) you've created from Opto parts
- I/O Units you've built in the SNAP PAC Configurator
- Your current Subscriptions (email notices about specific products, etc.)
Notice that you can use the icons within each tab to change, add, or delete items. Take a few minutes to explore My OptoProducts and see which tabs you find useful.
My.Opto22 Home gives you another set of tools (you'll need to be logged into your My.Opto22 account). You can:
- Follow quick links to tabs in My OptoProducts
- Change your Profile on My.Opto22
- See your online Order History
- Register software you've bought from us and see registration numbers
- Register for Training classes
We hope you find all these new links in the right-hand navigation bar useful.
And as always, we're glad to answer questions and want to hear your suggestions. Contact us.