- Develop your HMI entirely within a web browser?
- View it on any modern PC, smartphone, tablet, or even HDTV—with no plugins?
- Securely access it from your network or over the Internet?
- Build screens with a library of touchscreen-ready gadgets?
- Use the latest web standards—HTML5, CSS3, SVG—with no programming?
- Eliminate server commissioning?
- Deploy changes automatically?
With groov, now you can!
groov is the most exciting new product we've announced for a very long time—maybe ever.
If you have a SNAP PAC System or an OptoEMU energy monitoring unit, you'll definitely want to check out groov. groov makes it SO easy to build and use operator interfaces for your system.
Initial demand is so high for groov that we've completely sold out of pre-launch units already. Contact your distributor right away to order yours! Delivery is expected in April.
So where do you find out more about what groov is, how it works, and why people are excited about it? On the groov website, of course.
Just launched today (3-13-13), the groov website shows you how groov makes it simple to develop, deploy, and use operator interfaces for your automation system.
- Build your interface using just a modern web browser. No other software or plugins (like Java, Silverlight, or Flash) are required.
- Monitor and control your system securely from any browser-based smartphone, tablet, or computer—any device, any size, any manufacturer!—from anywhere.
Read more on the groov website.
The official press release went out today, but the trade press has already given groov a thumbs-up. Here are some of their articles:
Opto 22 Develops Tool to Build Mobile Automation, Monitoring & Control Interfaces, Design News, Mar. 11, 2013
How to Make HMI Scalable and Mobile, Design World, Mar. 5, 2013
Bridging the HMI Terminal/Mobile Gap, Automation World, Mar. 5, 2013
Build OS-neutral Mobile Interfaces for Automation, Monitoring, Control Applications, Control Engineering, Feb. 26, 2013
Mobile Control Gets Groovy: Opto 22 Develops New Platform for Building Simple, Web-Based Interfaces to Monitor and Control Equipment, Control Design, Feb. 14, 2013
Browser, Box Enable Interfaces, Control, Control, Feb. 7, 2013
Get the latest groov news through your favorite social media outlets. Here's how.
Join our LinkedIn group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4864046&trk=hb_side_g
Like groov on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/optogroov
Follow #groov on Twitter: https://twitter.com/opto22