Example: Gather data from plant floor or remote devices
- Connect groov EPIC to sensors and devices to control processes directly, acquire data, and process it.
- Or wire groov RIO EMU to electrical loads for 3-phase AC power & energy data, tracking costs and changes in load for advance warning of equipment faults.
- Or connect groov RIO universal edge I/O to sensors and devices to acquire and communicate data.
- Or place groov RIO or groov EPIC on the same network as a PLC or PAC controlling a device or process, and use the built-in OPC-UA driver to connect to the PLC or PAC.
- Use MQTT communication to publish needed data to a central server or broker on premises or in the cloud.
- Applications like Ignition Enterprise or any MQTT/Sparkplug-compliant software can subscribe to the data.
Because all publish and subscribe communications to the broker use a secure, device-originated, outbound connection, you need:
- No special firewall configurations
- No VPNs
- No remote desktop software
- No PC
- An OEM machine builder whose machine must periodically send operational data to a central location for predictive analysis and machine learning
- A SCADA engineer who needs to efficiently control and acquire data from a large number of geographically dispersed locations over a cellular or other bandwidth-constrained network
- A system integrator whose customer wants to collect temperature data affordably across an entire warehouse and deliver it to an Ignition SCADA system
- A facilities engineer who needs energy use and HVAC status data transmitted to a cloud database for historical logging and analysis
- A controls technician who needs to see Allen-Bradley® CompactLogix™ variables on a smartphone for access from anywhere in the world
You can place the secure groov
EPIC system or groov
RIO at the network’s edge in harsh industrial environments and know you have the tools right there to acquire data, move it, and act on it.
Read groov product case studies.
Learn more about efficient data communications for industrial applications
using MQTT and Sparkplug.
Concerned about cybersecurity? See helpful resources for cybersecurity in automation and IIoT applications.