PAC Terminal Secure Strategy Distribution (SSD) is used with Opto 22 PAC Project software (either Basic or Pro) to provide a level of strategy security that is most valuable to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) that use Opto 22 SNAP PAC equipment in their own systems, although it is not limited to that application. Using this security system, you can:
NOTE: PAC Terminal SSD works with SNAP PAC controllers only. It does not support groov EPIC processors.
- Protect PAC Control strategies stored and running in a SNAP PAC controller
- Safely distribute updated strategies and keep them protected once downloaded
- Ensure that new firmware is from Opto 22 and has not been modified by anyone
While PAC Terminal SSD is a robust and effective system, it is limited to the protections listed above. Here are some things this system will not protect:
- Normal system communications, such as controller to controller, controller to I/O, human-machine interface (HMI) to controller, and so on
- I/O settings, such as I/O configurations, proportional-integral-derivative (PID) loop settings, Event/Reaction settings, and so on
- Original strategies on a PC. This system does not provide password protection in PAC Control.
- Inspection of controllers using PAC Terminal
This document download includes the registration form only, not the software. To obtain the software, do the following:
- Purchase the software, either from an Opto 22 distributor or here on the Opto 22 website.
- Download and complete this registration form, and then email it to Opto 22 Sales.
When your registration information is received, Opto 22 will send you via email the PAC Terminal SSD software, documentation, and installation password.