Published: January 26, 2023
Cannot configure custom Steinhart-Hart coefficients on SNAP-AIR400K-8
EtherNet/IP Configuration Software
This is an informational KB article. The issue is very rare and can be handled with the listed workaround.
In the EtherNet/IP Configurator, you cannot configure custom Steinhart-Hart coefficients on the SNAP-AIR400K-8 thermistor module.
- Create your I/O unit configuration in the EtherNet/IP Configurator, download it to the I/O unit, and save it to flash memory.
- Open PAC Manager and choose Tools > Inspect.
- In the Device Name field, enter the I/O unit's IP address. Click the Point Config button in the left navigation.
- Choose the module number and point number you want to configure.
- Click in the Value column next to Point Type and choose Temperature from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down and click the Value column next to Thermistor Curve. Choose Unknown.
- For each coefficient (A, B, K, C), click the Value column and enter your custom coefficient.
- Click the Apply button at right.
- Save the configuration to flash memory: Click the Status Write button, under Operation highlight "Store configuration to flash", and click Send Command.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.