Published: November 25, 2015
Incorrect free space shown for microSDHC cards on SNAP PAC controllers
Firmware R9.2a - R9.5f
Resolved In Version:
If you are using a microSDHC card that is 4–32 GB in size in a PAC controller and there is more than 2 GB of free space on the card, then if you read the available space of the card using one of the following methods, the result may not be correct:
- Use the "Get Available File Space" command in a PAC Control strategy
- Use PAC Manager, PAC Control strategy logic, or any other method to read OptoMMP address 0xF7002204
This occurs because the OptoMMP address only supports a 32-bit value and PAC Control only supports signed 32-bit values.
- For firmware versions below R9.5g, there is no workaround.
- Starting in firmware version R9.5g:
- If you are using the PAC Control "Get Available File Space" command or you read OptoMMP address 0xF7002204, then the free space returned will be clamped to 2 GB. For example, if the actual free space is greater than 2 GB, it will return a value corresponding to 2 GB; if the actual free space is less than 2 GB, it will return the correct value.
- If you read a new OptoMMP address of 0xF7002208, it will return a 64-bit value that is correct.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.