Published: February 10, 2015
groov Build: Modbus array sizes are not dynamically updated when changed
Problem affects versions: R2.3c and lower
Resolved In Version:
In groov Build, when you change the array size for a Modbus/TCP tag using the Configure Devices & Tags dialog box, the input range for a particular gadget is not automatically updated, and you may see an error.
- You create a Modbus/TCP tag that is an array and give it an initial range (for example, 50).
- You place a gadget associated with that tag but realize the tag needs a wider range (say, 100), so you edit the range in Configure Devices & Tags.
- You select the gadget on the page and click its tag in gadget Properties. In the Update Tag for Gadget dialog box you enter the new array index. However, you get an error stating that the new index value is out of range.
There are two workarounds:
- In the Update Tag for Gadget dialog box, open the tag tree and highlight the tag you want to update. Then enter the new array index.
- After changing the array size, choose File > Save all changes and switch to groov View. Then go back into groov Build.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.