Published: January 10, 2017
PAC Control needs to better identify point types on the SNAP-AIRTD-8U
PAC Control Basic
PAC Control Professional
R9.5a through R9.5d
Resolved In Version:
See Resolution section below.
Based on input from PAC Control, the control engine may incorrectly identify the following points on a SNAP-AIRTD-8U module as output points:
Point Type Range
- 1k Ohm at 70 °F Ni -46 to +148.9 °C
- Auto-range Down 0 - 4000 Ohms
- Auto-range Down 0 - 2000 Ohms
- Auto-range Down 0 - 1000 Ohms
- Auto-range Down 0 - 800 Ohms
- Auto-range Down 0 - 200 Ohms
- Fixed-range 0 - 200 Ohms
- Fixed-range 0 - 100 Ohms
- Fixed-range 0 - 80 Ohms
- Fixed-range 0 - 40 Ohms
- Fixed-range 0 - 20 Ohms
- Fixed-range 0 - 10 Ohms
If you're affected by this issue, you may see these symptoms:
- In the SNAP PAC REST API, the affected points will be displayed on the /device/strategy/ios/analogOutputs page instead of on the /device/strategy/ios/analogInputs page.
- In PAC Control R9.5a through R9.5d, if you've used the new "Send Values" feature for filter, offset, or gain in the Add Analog Point dialog box, the system will ignore these values for the affected points.
To resolve this issue, you must use both PAC Control R9.6a (or higher) and a yet-to-be-released version of PAC Firmware.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.