Published: October 30, 2023
PAC Control I/O Channel Inspect and Edit dialog boxes may not open from Strategy tree after moving I/O modules
PAC Control Basic
PAC Control Professional
R10.0a to current (may affect previous versions)
This issue occurs after you perform the following steps:
- In PAC Control, enter Debug mode to download your strategy and return to Config mode.
- Move a module or point (channel) to another location by clicking Move To or Scan for New Modules (groov I/O units only) as described in The Configure I/O Modules and Points Dialog Box section of the PAC Control User’s Guide (Form 1700).
- Save your strategy.
- From the Strategy tree:
- In Config mode, double click on the moved I/O point (channel) to open the Edit Point dialog box.
- In Debug mode, double click on the moved I/O point (channel) to open the Inspect dialog box.
You may see one of these symptoms:
- The Edit Point or Inspect dialog boxes may not open.
- The Edit Point or Inspect dialog boxes may display information for a different channel (point).
There are a few possible workarounds:
- Save, close, and reopen the strategy.
- Edit a moved point (channel) from the Configure I/O Modules and Points window (not from the Strategy tree).
- Rename the points (channels) that were moved.
Opto 22 is investigating the issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.