Published: June 25, 2018
SNAP PAC Driver Module never connects; Ignition can't read strategy tags
The following products and versions specified, when used together:
- Cirrus Link Solutions® Opto 22 SNAP PAC Driver Module, version 3.3.2 and lower
- Inductive Automation® Ignition®, Ignition Edge, or Ignition Designer
- groov Admin, versions 1.570.47 through 1.570.50
- PAC Control Basic or Professional, R10.0a and higher
NOTE: This KB article is for informational purposes. This issue is not a defect in PAC Control.
When you use the products and versions listed in the Applies To section above, Ignition and Ignition Edge fail to connect to the SNAP PAC Driver Module, and the module's status never changes from "Not Connected" to "Connected." This means neither the Quick Client feature nor Ignition Designer can read the tags in your PAC Control R10.0a (or higher) strategy.
Admin versions 1.570.50 and lower do not come with the latest version of Cirrus Link's Opto 22 driver module. Ignition, Ignition Edge, and Ignition Designer need this new driver module to access strategy tags in PAC Control R10.0a and higher.
First, make sure the tags in your PAC Control strategy are configured for Public Access
(Configure > I/O > I/O Points > Modify > Public Access > Make Public (Readable)).
Then, download and install the latest Opto 22 Driver Module, and create a new Opto 22 Driver device:
- On the Inductive Automation website, download the Opto 22 groov EPIC and SNAP PAC Driver Module version 3.4.1 or higher.
- In groov Admin, open Ignition Edge (or open the standalone version of Ignition).
- In Ignition Edge (or the standalone version):
- Uninstall the Opto 22 SNAP PAC Driver (Configure > System > Modules > Opto 22 SNAP PAC Driver "More" button > Uninstall). This will also uninstall the Opto 22 SNAP PAC driver device.
- Install the Opto 22 groov EPIC and SNAP PAC Driver Module (Configure > System > Modules > Install or Upgrade a Module).
- Create a new device for the Opto 22 groov EPIC and SNAP PAC Driver (Configure > OPC-UA Server > Devices > Create New Device).
You should now be able to see your PAC Control R10 tags in the Quick Client (Configure > OPC Connections > Quick Client) and in Ignition Designer.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.