Storing strategy to flash sometimes fails
This issue affects the following units only if they have hardware revision 04/02/2018 (April 2, 2018) or newer, as viewed in the PAC Manager Status Read page:
- SNAP-PAC-S1, SNAP-PAC-S1-FM
- SNAP-PAC-R1, SNAP-PAC-R1-FM, SNAP-PAC-R1-B
- SNAP-PAC-R2, SNAP-PAC-R2-FM
To find the date in the PAC Manager Status Read page:
- Start PAC Manager and click Tools > Inspect. PAC Manager opens the Inspect Opto 22 Device window.
- In the Device Name field, type in the IP address or host name of the controller, and then press Enter.
- In the Status Read area, check the following:
- I/O Unit Hardware Revision (Month)
- I/O Unit Hardware Revision (Day)
- I/O Unit Hardware Revision (Year)
Resolved In Version:
PAC Firmware R9.5h
When downloading a PAC Control strategy with the option set to store the strategy to flash, sometimes it will fail with a message that says:
Unable to store strategy into flash memory.
A problem occurred while attempting to write to flash memory. A possible cause is the flash memory has become unusable and should be replaced."
This can also occur:
- when you select the Control Engine > Save Strategy to Flash menu item while PAC Control is in Debug mode.
- when you inspect the controller with PAC Terminal and then click on the Store to Flash button.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.