Published: June 14, 2019
PAC Display Configurator: Digital points not listed for Control Engine Driven attributes setup by discrete
PAC Display Configurator (Basic and Professional)
R9.5a through R10.2a
Resolved In Version:
When you use the Quick Tag Entry method in PAC Display Configurator, the Item Name drop-down list shows incorrect tag names when reconfiguring a discrete control-engine driven attribute; it shows tag names as if Current Value is selected in the Setup By field.
This only occurs when reconfiguring a discrete control-engine driven attribute; it doesn't occur if configuring it the first time.
You'll see this issue when you do the following:
- Open the Graphic Dynamic Attributes window for a graphic object.
- Select a Control Engine Driven attribute, select Discrete in the Setup by field, and select a digital point tag.
- Close the Graphic Dynamic Attributes window by clicking OK.
- Open the Graphic Dynamic Attributes window.
- Select the Control Engine Driven attribute you configured in step 2.
- Use Quick Tag Entry (click in the Name field of the Tag group) and open the Item Name drop-down list. The tag names listed are erroneously based on value, not discrete, so digital points won't be listed.
- Select the tag name by using the Tag Selection dialog box (click the question mark), instead of using Quick Tag Entry.
- If you already started Quick Tag Entry, open the Tag Selection dialog box, close it, and then reopen the Tag Selection dialog box.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.