Published: February 15, 2022
Undefined command error during download of strategy with nested subroutine that has space in filename
- PAC Control Basic
- PAC Control Professional
R10.2a to R10.4a
Resolved In Version:
Under the following conditions, PAC Control displays an undefined command error during the strategy download:
- In PAC Control, you create a subroutine with a valid name.
- Outside of PAC Control, you change the name of the subroutine file so that it includes a space.
- In PAC Control, you import the subroutine into a strategy. PAC Control does not report any errors regarding the invalid filename. If you compile the strategy, PAC Control does not report any errors indicating that the subroutine filename is invalid.
- When you download the strategy, PAC Control reports an undefined command error.
Remove references to the subroutine in your strategy, fix the filename, then re-import the subroutine:
- Remove references to the subroutine from the strategy. (If the references in the strategy contain the valid name you plan to use, you can "comment out" references to the subroutine.)
- Use File Explorer to change the file name to a valid file name. (The file name must start with a letter followed by any combination of letters, numbers or underscores. No other characters—including spaces—may be used in the filename.)
- Import the subroutine into the strategy.
- Add the correct references to the subroutine. If you "commented out" the references as describe in step 1, remove the comment delimiters.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.