Published: August 22, 2019
Gadget data takes a long time to show on screen
4.1a through 4.1c
Resolved In Version:
Some gadgets on the screen take a long time to show their data, while other gadgets from the same device show their data without problems. The affected gadgets show yellow triangles after 10 seconds and display the following message:
A value has not been received yet. groov is trying to connect to the controller or server.
If you check on the Device Health page for the deivce, you might see
- a Degraded status,
- the number of dropped requests in the last minute might be unusually high, and
- the response time for Average or 75th Percentile will likely be higher than the configured scan interval.
Increase the amount of time between scans.
- In Build mode, click Configure > Device and Tags.
- Select your device, then click Edit Device.
- In the Scan Interval field, increase the amount of time and then click Update Device. Click Close to close the Configure Devices window.
- Click File > Save All Changes and Switch to groov View. The gadgets may update less frequently; however, you might see a decrease or elimination of the errors.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.