Published: May 25, 2021
System update may fail immediately
GRV-EPIC-PR1: 1.4.0 to 3.1.0 GRV-R7-MM1001-10: All versions prior to 3.2.0
Resolved In Version:
GRV-EPIC-PR1: 3.2.0GRV-R7-MM1001-10: 3.2.0
On rare occasions, a system update may fail immediately and display the error message, Failed to upload system update. This can be caused by a network error or a full disk. If the disk is full then restore to factory defaults and start the update again.
Try one of the following:
- Power cycle your groov EPIC or groov RIO, then try the update again.
- If you have physical access to your groov EPIC or groov RIO, try a restore to factory defaults and try the update again:
- Insert a paper clip into the Reset hole on the processor and hold it down for eight seconds, until the POWER LED alternates between orange and green; then let go right away.
- After the groov EPIC processor or groov RIO module restarts, open up a browser and connect to your groov EPIC or groov RIO module.
- Create the first user ID and password.
- Click Configure Device.
- Click Maintenance > Update > Update System to select the firmware file and start the update again.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.