Published: August 20, 2020
Edit Instructions dialog box doesn't show or save changes to variable types
PAC Control Basic
PAC Control Professional
R10.2e to R10.3a
Resolved In Version:
In PAC Control, if you change the type for a variable, then open the Edit Instructions dialog box for any instruction that contains that variable, the dialog box does not show or save that variable after the type change. For example:
- In PAC Control, change the type of a variable (for example, from Int32 to Int63), then save the strategy.
- In any instruction that uses that variable, open the Edit Instruction Dialog box (open the Action or Condition block, select the instruction, click Modify).
- Check the field assignments (in the lower half of the box) and you will see that the variable is no longer in the field it was assigned to.
- Edit that field to re-include that variable.
- Save and close the Edit Instruction dialog box.
- Click Modify to re-open the dialog box. The change is not saved.
After you change the variable type, delete the instructions that reference that variable and create new instructions.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.