Published: January 7, 2021
Video Gadget May Not Load Images in Google Chrome Version 86 or Higher
groov View running on:
- GROOV-AR1, GROOV-AR1-BASE, GROOV-AR1-SNAP
- GROOV-AT1, GROOV-AT1-SNAP
- GROOV-SVR-WIN, GROOV-SVR-WIN-BASE, GROOV-SVR-WIN-SNAP
NOTE: This KB article is for informational purposes. This issue is not a defect in groov View.
If you configure a Video gadget with a URL that works only over HTTP, that Video gadget will fail to load images in Google Chrome version 86 and higher. As of version 86, Google Chrome automatically upgrades any HTTP images on an HTTPS webpage to an HTTPS connection, without fallback to HTTP if it fails.
This issue occurs a result of this behavior from Google Chrome and is outside Opto 22's control. It may affect other browsers in the future.
Try one of the following:
- If you can change the configuration/settings of the webcam, enable HTTPS support on it. (See webcam manufacturer's documentation for specific instructions.)
- Turn on the "Use groov as a proxy" option for affected Video gadgets.
- In Build mode, double-click the video gadget.
- In the Video Gadget Properties window, click the "Use groov as a proxy" checkbox to enable.
- Click File > Save All Changes (or Save All Changes and Switch to groov View).
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.