Published: December 14, 2021
After firmware upgrade, Node-RED nodes may no longer work or Node-RED restarts frequently
Firmware on the following:
3.3.0 to current
After upgrading to version 3.3.0 or higher of groov EPIC firmware, you may observe the following issues:
10 Nov 17:44:43 - [info] Flows file : /home/dev/.node-red/flows.json
- Some nodes may stop working. This is caused by certain nodes that compile a C or C++ library when installed. You may see a message like the following in the Node-RED error log:
10 Nov 17:44:44 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:1880/node-red/
10 Nov 17:44:44 - [info] Starting flows
foo - Error: The module '/home/dev/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-serial-modbus/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node'
was compiled against a different Node.js version using
NODE_MODULE_VERSION 64. This version of Node.js requires
NODE_MODULE_VERSION 72. Please try re-compiling or re-installing
the module (for instance, using `npm rebuild` or `npm install`).
- Node-RED may restart repeatedly. In the Status section of the groov Manage Node-RED page, you may see the Status field cycle through the Initializing, Stopped, and Running states.
Delete all the installed nodes and then reinstall them by following these instructions:
- Download your Node-RED project to your computer:
- From the groov Manage Home page, click Node-RED > Project Management.
- Click Download Project. groov Manage creates a project file called node-red.project.zip and then the browser downloads it.
- Locate the project file on your device and, for safe-keeping, make a copy of the node-red.project.zip file.
- Edit the project file to remove the installed nodes:
- Open the node-red.project.zip file in a program that can handle ZIP files (for example, 7-Zip).
- Delete all files except: flows.json, flows_cred.json, and info.json. (To make this instruction clear, you do delete node_modules, package-lock.json, and package.json.)
- Save the edited zip file.
- Upload the project file and restart Node-RED:
- In groov Manage, click the Upload Project button to upload the modified node-red.project.zip file.
- Click Start to start Node-RED.
- Open the Node-RED editor, or if it is already open, refresh the Node-RED editor.
- Reinstall the nodes that were removed.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue and will include the fix in an upcoming release.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.