Published: October 6, 2023
Content of local copy of file retrieved multiple times from a remote FTP server may be incorrect
R9.3d to R10.4d (may affect previous versions)
Resolved In Version:
With SoftPAC, a strategy that uses a communication handle to open an FTP session to a remote FTP server to retrieve a file multiple times—and that file gets modified in between retrieves—may store incorrect content in the local copy of the file. The following steps describe an example of how the contents become incorrect:
- Using the communication handle, retrieve a remote file from the server with the FTP get command.
- The remote file on the FTP server is modified.
- Using the communication handle, retrieve the remote file (with the FTP get command) a second time. The local file contents are the original contents (from step 1).
- The remote file is deleted from the FTP server.
- Using the communication handle, retrieve the file (with the FTP get command) for a third time. The local file contents are the original contents (from step 1) even though the file no longer exists on the FTP server.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.