Published: May 23, 2023
PAC Control - Watch Window may behave incorrectly or display error after using Save Strategy As
- PAC Control Basic
- PAC Control Professional
All versions prior to R10.5a
Resolved In Version:
After doing the following steps, you may observe incorrect behavior or error messages regarding the Watch Window:
- While working with a strategy in Debug mode, create a Watch Window.
- Switch back to Config mode.
- Click File > Save Strategy As, then save the strategy with either:
- a new name (and different directory as required by PAC Control) on the same computer,
- the same name (and different directory as required by PAC Control) on the same computer, or
- a new name or the same name on a different computer.
- Unzip and open the newly created strategy in PAC Control and switch to Debug Mode.
The incorrect behavior or content of the error message depends on which option you chose in step 3:
- A new name on the same computer: PAC Control opens the strategy, which contains the path to the original Watch Window file. PAC Control can access this path, so it attempts to open the file. When PAC Control determines that the Watch Window file is not for the new strategy, it displays this message:
This Watch Window was not created in this strategy. The Open operation will be aborted.
- The same name on the same computer: PAC Control opens the strategy, reads the path to the original Watch Window file (which it can access), loads the Watch Window file, and does not report any errors.
- New or same name on a different computer: The strategy won't be able to access the original location of the Watch window, so when trying to open the Watch window, an error similar to this will occur:
C:\@TempC_(Ref Numbers)\Tickets\90561\Watch Windows\Conv_Watch_Window.wth was not found.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.