Published: December 9, 2020
Output of TPO with Percentage (Duty Cycle) Above 100% is Not Constantly On
GRV-EPIC-PR1: All versions prior to 3.0.0GRV-R7-MM1001-10: All versions prior to 3.0.0
Resolved In Version:
GRV-EPIC-PR1: 3.0.0GRV-R7-MM1001-10: 3.0.0
You may observe this issue on a GRV-R7-MM1001-10 or a GRV-EPIC-PR1 with any of the following I/O modules:
After setting the TPO's percentage (duty cycle) above 100%, you may see either of the following behaviors on the TPO digital output point:
- Turns off and remains off.
- Turns off after a short delay and occasionally turns on briefly before turning back off (behavior similar to a TPO with a small duty cycle). The duration of the on-time is dependent on the TPO's period and percentage.
The following examples show the incorrect behavior you may observe with specific values for period and percentage:
- If you set a TPO with a 200% duty cycle:
- If the TPO's period is 0.5 s, then the on-time is about 1 s and off-time is about 214.25 s.
- If the TPO's period is 0.05 s, then the on-time is about 0.1 s and off-time is about 214.7 s.
- If the TPO's period is 0.005 s, then the on-time is about 0.01 s and off-time is about 214.75 s.
- If you set a TPO with a 101% duty cycle:
- If the TPO's period is 0.5 s, then the on-time is about 0.5 s and the off-time is about 214.746 s.
- If the TPO's period is 0.005 s, then the on-time is about 0.0055 s and off-time is about 214.748 s.
- If the TPO's period is 0.05 s, then the TPO channel's output remains off with no on-time.
Do not set a TPO with a percentage (duty cycle) above 100%.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.