Published: February 11, 2021
Control Engine May Reset When Inspecting Variables and Stepping Through Subroutines
- SNAP-PAC-S1, SNAP-PAC-S1-FM, SNAP-PAC-S1-W
- SNAP-PAC-S2, SNAP-PAC-S2-W
- SNAP-PAC-R1, SNAP-PAC-R1-FM, SNAP-PAC-R1-W, SNAP-PAC-R1-B
- SNAP-PAC-R2, SNAP-PAC-R2-FM, SNAP-PAC-R2-W
GRV-EPIC-PR1 firmware: All versions prior to 3.1.0
PAC firmware: All versions prior to R10.4c
Resolved In Version:
GRV-EPIC-PR1 firmware: 3.1.0
PAC firmware: R10.4c
While debugging a PAC Control strategy under the following conditions, the PAC control engine may reset:
- You are stepping out of a subroutine that contains a local variable with the same name and type as a global variable in the calling strategy.
- You are inspecting that local variable while stepping out of its subroutine into another subroutine.
- You are stepping into another subroutine that does not contain a local variable with the same name and type as the local variable you are inspecting.
Do not inspect a subroutine local variable when stepping out of the subroutine if the variable has the same name and type as a global variable in the calling strategy.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.