Published: November 18, 2022
Importing chart may cause PAC Control to crash
- PAC Control Professional
- PAC Control Basic
All versions prior to R10.5a
Resolved In Version:
On rare occasions, when you import a chart into a PAC Control strategy, if the I/O of the chart being imported does not match the I/O of the strategy, PAC Control may crash. If the chart imports successfully, the strategy may not compile or it may crash when you select Tools > Regenerate Reference Counts.
Conditions for the issue to occur:
- I/O points are SNAP or groov (G4 is not affected).
- The I/O point being imported is on an I/O unit with the same name as an I/O unit in the target strategy.
- There is already an I/O point configured in the same point location in the target strategy, but the point name is different.
Follow these steps to work around the issue:
- Create a new strategy.
- Import the chart into the new strategy. This helps you see the I/O units and channels that are referenced in the chart being imported.
- Compare the I/O modules and channels of the new strategy with the target strategy (the strategy you want to import the chart into).
- Modify the target strategy to eliminate the conditions mentioned above and then save the target strategy.
- Export the chart from the new strategy.
- Import the chart into the target strategy.
- Save the target strategy.
- Select Tools > Regenerate Regenerate Reference counts.
- Select Compile > Compile All.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.