Published: August 31, 2023
After firmware upgrade, Data Service becomes unresponsive when you try to enable it
Resolved In Version:
If you do either of the following on your groov EPIC, when you attempt to enable Data Service, you may see the error message "Starting up server threw null" and the Data Service page becomes unresponsive.
- Upgrade to firmware version 3.5.0 with the Back Up Settings option enabled.
- Upgrade to firmware version 3.5.0 and attempt to restore Data Service options with a back up made from firmware earlier than version 3.5.0.
Do the following:
- Log in to your groov EPIC with an ID that has system-level privileges.
- Click Data Service.
- Click Disable, if the service is enabled.
- Click Configure.
- Click the configured OPC UA device.
- In the Configuration section, type in any IP address in the Additional Endpoint field.
- Click Save.
- Click the configured OPC UA device, again.
- In the Configuration section, remove the IP address you typed in the Additional Endpoint field.
- Click Save.
- Click Status to return to the Data Service page.
- Click Enable to start the Data Service.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.