The PAC Project Software Suite from Opto 22 provides the software you need for industrial automation, process control, building automation, remote monitoring, data acquisition, and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications in any field. PAC Project software works with all groov EPIC processors and SNAP PAC controllers.
Easy to use and suitable for projects from simple equipment management to full industrial control, PAC Project Professional includes the following:
About controller redundancy
- PAC Control Professional, a full-featured, flowchart-based tool for developing control programs to run on groov EPIC processors and SNAP PAC controllers
- PAC Display Professional, creating Microsoft Windows-based human-machine interfaces (HMIs) for operators and technicians to monitor and interact with groov EPIC and SNAP PAC Systems
- PAC Manager, a utility program for configuring and maintaining SNAP PAC controllers, brains, and I/O (To manage groov EPIC and groov RIO units, use built-in, browser-based groov Manage.)
- OptoOPCServer, a fast and efficient server for communication with OPC 2.0-compliant clients
- OptoDataLink, for sharing system data with commonly used databases, including Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, and MySQL
- SoftPAC, a software-based programmable automation controller (PAC) designed for PC-based control
: PAC Project Professional 9.0 and higher supports controller-level redundancy. Controller redundancy is distinct from network link redundancy, which has been supported for some time.
Developer and IIoT ready:
Network link redundancy provides a backup network connection in case the network should fail; it provides a second communication route for the controller.
Controller redundancy, in contrast, provides a backup controller that takes over running the strategy in the unlikely event that the first controller fails. In addition to PAC Project Pro, controller redundancy requires two identical S-series PACs and the SNAP PAC Redundancy Option Kit.
Because Opto 22 groov
EPIC processors and SNAP PAC R-series and S-series controllers include an HTTP/HTTPS server and a RESTful API (application program interface based on the REST architecture), you can securely access I/O point and variable data in your PAC Control program using the language of your choice. Data is returned in JSON format. For complete information, see developer.opto22.com
If you do not need complex network architectures, redundant controllers, support for legacy Opto 22 FactoryFloor systems, OPC communication, or database connectivity, you may find that the free PAC Project Basic
Software Suite provides everything you need.
See a comparison chart
for PAC Project Basic and PAC Project Professional.
Watch Quick Tips videos
To find out if you can upgrade to this version for free, see the Opto 22 Software Upgrade Policy
If you are using older controllers or brains (not groov
EPIC and not SNAP PAC) with PAC Project, see the SNAP PAC System Migration Technical Note
(form 1688) for important information.
All PAC Project software, both Basic and Professional, is in one single download.
You can install the Basic version right away to get started. To install PAC Project Professional, first purchase the software, and then contact Opto 22 to confirm your purchase and receive your password. More about purchasing software and getting a password
When you have your password, download and run the installer file. Choose PAC Project Professional and enter your password.
The following applications are installed by default. If you don't want them all, when prompted during the installation process, uncheck the ones you don't want.
- PAC Control Professional
- PAC Display Professional
- PAC Manager
- Tools (PAC Utilities)
- EtherNet/IP Configurator