*** NOTE: This product will become obsolete once stock is depleted.***
For new industrial internet of things (IIoT) projects that do not require local I/O, we recommend a groov EPIC processor (GRV-EPIC-PR1 or GRV-EPIC-PR2) on a chassis zero (GRV-EPIC-CHS0, with no I/O slots).
groov EPIC has a larger form factor and is more expensive, but it offers more RAM, more recent versions of Node-RED and Ignition Edge from Inductive Automation, an integral color touchscreen, and secure shell access. In addition, groov EPIC future-proofs your IIoT project with the ability to add I/O, real-time control, and full Ignition. Compare groov products.
IMPORTANT: groov View 4.4 will be the last major release to support GROOV-AR1 products. It is also the last release to support:
- Internet Explorer for creating HMIs in Build mode (You will still be able to view HMIs with Internet Explorer.)
- Microsoft Edge prior to version 79 in Build Mode (You will still be able to view HMIs with Edge versions lower than 79.)
The groov Edge Appliance (groov Box) is an internet of things (IoT) and operator interface appliance that provides visualization, data handling, and connectivity to automation systems, software, databases, and devices of all kinds.
Visualization: With browser-based groov View, easily build an operator interface to see and interact with data from sensors and automation systems, cloud applications, databases, web services, and more. Securely view the interface you build on any brand device, from a smartphone to a computer to a web-enabled big-screen TV. groov View includes user authorization, trending, events, and notifications.
Data Handling: The key to IoT usefulness is getting the data out of where it’s trapped and into the systems and software where it’s needed. Built into the groov Box are Node-RED, an IoT rapid application development environment, and RESTful APIs to groov Data Stores. Add a GROOV-LIC-EDGE license to use Ignition Edge® with OPC-UA drivers to Allen-Bradley® and Siemens® PLCs, plus MQTT/Sparkplug for efficient and secure industrial data communications.
Connectivity: Connect to all kinds of devices and systems to monitor and control them and move data between them:
- Modbus®/TCP devices and Opto 22 groov EPIC and SNAP PAC controllers
- Cloud applications, IoT platforms, on-premises databases, and external web services
- (Requires GROOV-LIC-EDGE) Connect to Allen-Bradley and Siemens PLCs using OPC UA. Use the MQTT transport protocol with Sparkplug payload to publish and subscribe data from devices connected to the groov Box.
A self-contained, industrially hardened appliance, the groov Box includes two independent 1-GB Ethernet interfaces and USB expansion for wireless LAN interfaces. The Box has a solid-state fanless design with no moving parts, a wide 0-70 °C (32-158 °F) operating temperature range, and a compact footprint.
What’s in the Box
The groov Box edge appliance includes:
- groov View for building and using your own custom operator interface to the sensors, data, devices, and systems you need to see, monitor, and control.
- Node-RED, an open-source, multi-platform software tool for wiring together databases, cloud applications, and APIs to produce IoT applications quickly and inexpensively. Learn more about Node-RED.
- Ignition Edge, a product of Inductive Automation®, providing an internal OPC-UA server and drivers plus an MQTT Transmission module with Sparkplug payload. More about OPC and MQTT in IoT applications.
- groov Admin for configuring networks and security, backing up and restoring projects, using Node-RED, configuring Ignition Edge, updating groov View software, and viewing system status.
With these IoT tools in the same box, your IoT application is easier to configure and security is streamlined.
Price includes groov Box and power supply, all groov software, and one year of updates. Maintenance renewal for successive years is free and required to obtain updates after the first year. Product Support is free.
Note: To download the latest software for your groov Box, log into your My.Opto22 account.